Senior Technical Program Manager
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager requires a multitude of skills and talent to handle many facets of technical and inter-departmental challenges and drive successfully complete, large, complex, and global engagements. This individual will be managing a wide array of projects from software development, infrastructure, operations, information technology, storage, and “Big Data” to security and network engineering initiatives.
The PMO (Program Management Office) team works closely with cross functional teams such as Client Services, Business Development, Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Analysis, User Experience, Engineering (Platform, Applications, Middleware), QA, IT, and Technical Operations.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager juggles multiple competing projects, makes tradeoffs, and balances the business needs versus technical constraints. Requires maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership to succeed in this role.
- Drive the IT/TOPS (Technical Operations) project portfolio including the process, governance, tools, standards, metrics and reporting
- Own the overall project and deliverables. Maintain work breakdown structure, detailed implementation schedule, and project plan
- Build and maintain a trusted, cooperative relationship with internal and external partners both for specific projects as well as being their primary interface to Engineering on an ongoing basis
- Oversee project development efforts to keep projects on schedule, on budget, and to specification
- Run project related meetings: kick-off meeting, daily stand-up, checkpoint meetings, post-mortem / retrospectives. Identify dependencies and manage all intra, inter, and 3rd-party dependencies
- Proactively manage and mitigate project risks, critical path, and provide impact assessment and prepare status reports to keep stakeholders informed of project status and related issues
- Manage change control system
- Apply technical skills to all program and projects to improve performance
- Manage Site reliability operations, infrastructure monitoring and alerting, data center build out
- Manage operational improvement projects, network architecture and implementation projects, IT
- Manage security projects that are related to SOX compliance, Web trust, office application and network security
- Ability to work within a time bounded environments to meet response SLA and OLA
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Program management experience in Web-based architecture and/or experience in Technology Platforms such as Digital Advertising: Display, and DMP (Data Management Platform)
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Willingness to learn from and contribute to the Program Management Office team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, instructional design, educational technology, online teaching or training-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience in technical field
- Some years of work experience in Cloud Computing, SaaS, PaaS,
- Software and tools: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Words, MS Power Point, HTML, Visio. Quick Base
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing cross functional teams
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven ability to manage project priorities and technical resources, plus relationships with multiple partners, teams, and/or vendors
- Must be able to build and foster good relationships and be able to look out for the greater good of the team
- PMP is a plus
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.